Advisory Council Committees
Advisory Council Committees in 2019
(scroll down for AC member list)
Are you interested in taking a more active role in NACRJ?
NACRJ members are also invited to serve on these committees. Please contact committee co-chair to learn more about how and when you can be involved.
The Communications committee is exploring options to strengthen and improve communication amongst NACRJ members and non-members. Anyone interested in supporting this mission is encouraged to join the committee.
The purpose of the Visioning committee is to convene a diverse group of RJ practitioners and academics in order to frame a vision for a more restorative world and to clarify the contribution NACRJ will make to that goal.
Law and Policy
The Law and Policy Committee will focus on legislation, law and policy relating to restorative justice and social justice in state and national governments.
Research and Evaluation
The Research and Evaluation Committee monitors the ongoing research and evaluation needs of NACRJ, providing support for proposed research projects within the organization as well as disseminating and evaluating current research efforts within the field of restorative justice.
The Higher Education Policy committee seeks to develop recommendations and resource materials that encourage and provide guidance on the adoption and implementation of restorative justice practices on campuses and within departments at institutions of higher learning.
Our charge is to expand on the NACRJ policy statement on Restorative Justice in K-12 Education through the development of several components including belief statements, implementation guidelines and a list of resources from various national sources. We expect our work to be done within the next month and will be submitting our recommendations to the Executive Committee.
Advisory Council Members
The Advisory Council is composed of five or more regular members elected from the NACRJ membership. For the 2019-2020 period the Advisory Council members are:
- Lorraine Stutzman Amstutz, MSW, Restorative Justice Educator
- Chauna Perry Finch, MSW, K-12 Restorative Practices Trainer and Consultant
- Roderick (Rudy) Bankston, RJ and Incarceration / Re-entry
- Jasymn Story, RJ and Human Rights
- Haley Farrar, Community & Restorative Justice in Justice Systems
- Lindsey Pointer, Restorative Practices Facilitation, Training and Research
- Jonathan Scharrer, Practitioner, RJ in Higher Ed, Public Policy/Criminal Justice Reform
- Sandra Pavelka, RJ and Legislative Policy
- Vanessa Westley, RJ and Law Enforcement
- J. Renee Trombley, Restorative Justice in Higher Education
- Liz Manvell, K-12 School Based Restorative Practices